Finding the perfect wedding dress is a very exciting and significant moment in your wedding planning . Your dress should make you feel confident, radiant and highlight your unique beauty.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps you must follow to choose the ideal wedding dress according to your body type. From custom dresses to personalized options and the importance of accessories.
Here you will get a complete guide to finding the perfect dress that will make you feel beautiful on your big day.
Discover your body type
Before you start looking for your wedding dress, it is important that you know your body type. Each body is unique and has its own characteristics and proportions. Identifying your body type will help you select the dress that highlights your best assets and makes you feel amazing.
These are the different types of bodies that exist, identify yours to make your wedding dress fit you in the best possible way:
- Hourglass: If you have a defined waist and balanced proportions between the torso and hips, dresses that highlight your curves will favor you. Consider mermaid or princess-style dresses to enhance your silhouette.
- Triangle: If your hips are wider than your shoulders, you can balance your figure with dresses that draw attention to the top. Opt for details such as sleeves, lace or embroidery on the top and looser or A-line skirts.
- Inverted triangle: Conversely, if your shoulders are wider than your hips, look for dresses that create visual balance. Dresses with fuller skirts (such as princess styles) or with ruffles at the bottom will help soften your shoulders and give you a more balanced look.
- Rectangle: If your waist and hip measurements are similar, you can add dimension and shape with dresses that create the illusion of a narrower waist. Try empire or A-line dresses, which will accentuate your waist and add a sense of curves.
- Oval: If you have a rounded shape and your measurements are more generous around the abdomen, look for dresses that visually elongate your figure. Empire cut or trumpet style dresses with vertical lines will make you look more stylized and elegant.
Wedding dresses for every body type
Now that you know your body type, let's explore the types of dresses that can favor you the most:
1. Dresses for the Hourglass Body Type: The hourglass body type is characterized by having a defined waist and balanced proportions. Dresses that highlight the curves are perfect for this type of body. Choose mermaid or princess-style dresses that hug your curves and emphasize your waist. Tight fabrics such as lace, silk or satin are ideal for highlighting your figure. Make sure the dress fits properly at the waist and hips to enhance your best assets.
2. Triangle Body Type Dresses: The goal here is to balance your figure and highlight your upper body. Opt for dresses that draw attention to the top. For example, those with striking details in the upper part of the torso: sleeves, lace, embroidery, etc. Also keep in mind that looser or A-line skirts will help smooth out your hips and create a more balanced look.
IMPORTANT: Avoid dresses with too tight skirts, as they can further accentuate your hips.
3. Dresses for Inverted Triangle Body Type: If your shoulders are wider than your hips, you have an inverted triangle body type. The goal is to create visual balance and soften your shoulders. Opt for dresses that have details and embellishments at the bottom, such as fuller skirts or princess dresses with ruffled bottoms. These details will help draw attention away from your shoulders and create balance with your hips. You can also consider V- or sweetheart-shaped necklines, as they help to soften the line of the shoulders.
4. Dresses for Rectangular Body Type: If you have a rectangular body type, your goal is to create curves and define the waist. Empire cut or A-line dresses are perfect for you. These styles are fitted at the top and flare downward, creating the illusion of a narrower waist and adding curves to your figure. You can consider dresses with details at the waist, such as belts or pleats, to create the appearance of a more pronounced curve. Dresses with textures or embellishments at the top will also help create the illusion of a curvier silhouette.
5. Dresses for Oval Body Types: If you have an oval body type, your goal is to visually elongate your figure and create a more streamlined appearance. Empire cut or trumpet style dresses are ideal for this type of body. These styles are fitted at the top and flare downward, creating vertical lines that elongate the figure. Opt for soft, flowing fabrics that fall smoothly on your body. Avoid dresses that are too tight or with excess volume in the abdomen, as they can accentuate that area. V-necklines will also help elongate the neck and create a slimmer appearance.
Custom and tailor-made dresses
When looking for the wedding dress for your wedding, you should consider the option of choosing a custom and tailored dress. This option allows you to tailor the design, fit and details of your dress to your personal style and preferences. We recommend that you work with a designer or specialty boutique to create the dress of your dreams!
The advantage of custom and tailored dresses is that they fit perfectly to your body, highlighting your best attributes and guaranteeing an impeccable appearance on your big day. You can choose the fabrics, details and accessories that you like the most, creating a unique and special dress that reflects your personality and style.
The importance of accessories
In addition to the dress itself, accessories play a crucial role in your bridal look. The right accessories can enhance your dress and add a personalized touch.
Consider the following accessories when choosing your dress:
- Jewelry: Choose jewelry that complements the style of your dress and highlights your features. Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings can add a touch of sparkle and elegance.
- Veil or headdress: A veil can add a romantic and traditional touch to your look. If you prefer something more modern, consider a fascinator or headband that suits your style and highlights your hairstyle.
- Shoes: Your shoes should be comfortable and in keeping with the style of your dress. Make sure they are the right height to avoid tripping and thus be able to enjoy your day without discomfort.
- Belts or bows: Adding a belt or bow to your dress can help define your waist and add an extra touch of style.
Remember that accessories should complement your dress, not compete with it. Opt for pieces that match each other and do not overload your look.
Practical tips for the dress fitting
Dress fitting is one of the most exciting steps in the preparation process for your wedding. Therefore, here are some practical tips for you to get the most out of your tests and make the best decision:
- Do your research before you go: Before you go to your dress fitting appointment, do your research and gather inspiration. Explore magazines, blogs, and social media for ideas on styles and designs you like. Save pictures of dresses that catch your eye and take them with you to your date. This will help your advisor to understand your vision and suggest options according to your preferences.
- Be open to different styles: While it's important to have a general idea of what you like, don't be closed off from trying different styles. Sometimes dresses that don't appeal to you at first glance can surprise you and turn out wonderful once you put them on. Keep an open mind and give other designs a try.
- Do not worry about the sizes: Remember that the sizes of wedding dresses may be different from the sizes of conventional clothing. Don't stress if you need to try dresses in larger or smaller sizes than usual. The store 's consultants are trained to fit and fasten dresses correctly, so you can have a clear idea of how it would fit in your proper size.
- Try different cuts and silhouettes: Take the opportunity to try different cuts and silhouettes to find out which one suits you best. Even if you have a specific body type, you may find an unexpected style that flatters you. Don't limit yourself to just one option and explore all the possibilities.
- Listen to your instincts: At the end of the day, trust your instincts and how you feel in each dress. Pay attention to your emotional reaction and how you see yourself in the mirror. If a dress makes you feel special and radiant, that's a sign that it might be the one for you.
Remember that the process of finding the perfect wedding dress takes time and patience. Enjoy each fitting and trust that you will find the dress that will make you feel like a stunning bride on your big day.
Finding the perfect wedding dress according to your body type is a complicated but doable task . Knowing your body type and the styles of dresses that favor you, you will be able to make more informed and confident decisions.
Whether you opt for a bespoke or personalized dress or choose a catalog design, remember that the most important thing is that you feel beautiful, comfortable and confident in your choice .
Visit our boutique to receive a unique treatment and experience!